Maybe you have a soft-spot for frippery, abundance and fun. Or maybe you are so into Marie Antoinette that you started a blog about her. Ahem. Regardless, you can consider paying tribute to her today, November 2, the anniversary of her birth in 1755.
Ways to remember Marie: Enjoy her favorite things:
- Start the morning right: Have a cup of decadent drinking chocolate. (I suggest Jacques Torres or Marie Belle).
- Find your courtiers! Get your girlfriends together for an afternoon of pampering at a spa and get a manicure, pedicure or hair treatments. (I’ve not been, but this looks decadent in Paris, this looks like fun in NYC, and this place in Florida offers a Marie-inspired chocolate scrub and marshmallow facial).
- Visit your Ministry of Fashion: Engage a personal shopper at your favorite shop to help you choose and adorn a new outfit. Or just sit in Juicy Couture for five minutes and soak in the chandeliers and royal worthy decor.
- Get clapping: Secure tickets to the ballet or the opera — or any live music or theater event. Make sure to support the artists. Get inspired by watching the opera Marie watched here, or these ballets and lectures.
- Donate to a favorite charity. Marie had been known to support hospitals, unwed mothers and the poor.
- Go on Twitter and Search for “Marie Antoinette” — then correct anyone misusing “Let Them Eat Cake.” (I’m kidding. That’s real nerdy. Don’t do that). But you can follow me, and I’ll be suggesting Marie-worthy ways you can enjoy the day at @wwmariedo.
Have a great, decadent, beautiful day! How will you celebrate?